AudioEngine 5+ or Paradigm Shift A2's or?
Dec 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MusicAddikt

New Head-Fier
I came to this site two years ago to look up the best DJ headphones and now I'm back to figure out what's the best computer speakers 400$ can get me. Here's the skinny:

I bought some Bose companion 5 desktop speakers and am not all that satisfied with the quality that 400$ got me. So I went to an audio store near by and listened to some Audio Engine 5+'s for 400$ and also some Paradigm shift A2's(retailing at 560$ but the owner called me the next day and said he would price match them with speaker stands together for the same price as the Audio Engine 5+'s).

So right now I'm considering returning my Bose companion 5's in order to purchase either these Audio Engine 5+'s or the Paradigm Shift A2's that come with the stands. The Audio Engine 5+'s produce a greater bass output and have warmer silk tweeters. The Paradigm shift A2's don't produce quite as much bass output(since they aren't ported) but the aluminum tweeters really stand out.

I like my music loud. Blaring loud. I listen to everything from Metallica & Tool to underground Hiphop & reggae to drum & bass & dubstep.

What speakers would you guys go with?
Audio Engine 5+'s - $400
Paradigm Shift A2's - $560 + $80 stand price dropped to $400 total
Or some other speaker that I'm unaware of for 400$?

Thank you for any replies I really appreciate it! This is my first experience with high quality speakers and I want it to be a good one.

P.s. Sorry for posting this thread in two separate sections this seemed like the more appropriate section to post my question. I'm trying to make my final decision by tomorrow.

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 3
I"d love to hear from anyone who has the Paradigm Shift A2. I enjoy my Audioengine 5, but I still wonder.

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 3
Audioengine A2

+

Good quality SUB

You will hear wider range of more articulate, detailed bass.  The A2's hard and fast bass adds phenomenal sound to the bass region, especially when equipped with sold silver conductor cables.

Throw in a couple of Wireworld Stratus power cords and the system will turn into a several thousand dollar system.

I sold them all though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back