Audioengine 2+ LFE on desktop DAC
Jul 2, 2016 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MRH88

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Audioengine 2+'s and an SVS SB-1000 sub and am thinking of ordering the Schiit Valhalla 2 and Bifrost. I'm wondering whether the A2's will still be able to manage the LFE crossover with the Bifrost acting as the primary DAC, or will the Bifrost somehow manage the LFE also despite the sub being connected to the A2's.

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 3
  I have a pair of Audioengine 2+'s and an SVS SB-1000 sub and am thinking of ordering the Schiit Valhalla 2 and Bifrost. I'm wondering whether the A2's will still be able to manage the LFE crossover with the Bifrost acting as the primary DAC, or will the Bifrost somehow manage the LFE also despite the sub being connected to the A2's.

The bifrost will have no control over the sub. Bifrost sends one way analogue signal out(hence it's called a Digital to analogue converter). The sub should work the same as connecting your A2s to any other source. 

Jul 2, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 3
What he said :)

Plus, there is not any such thing as LFE channel for 2.1 sound. If you have been using a computer output, all it has been doing is using stereo and sending bass from that to the subwoofer as well and maybe, depending on your sound card and what you have configured, acting as a crossover to send only lows to the sub and upper bass and mids and highs to the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back