Audiocubes Vendor?
Jan 27, 2005 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

mourip

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I am contemplating buying some Audiotechnica phones from Audiocubes. I would appreciate any feedback on dealing with them. They do not seem to have a phone number listed for contact. This makes me a bit nervous. I am also concerned about the waranty status of phones purchased from them. Are there any other reputable vendors of AT in the US?

I am thinking about getting the ATH W1000's. I did read a bit on the forums here but is seemed to be scarce. 6 Moons seemed to like them. I listen to mainly classical, jazz, and choral music. Any feedback here?

Thanks a lot,

Paul

Jan 27, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 15
Audiocubes is USUALLY pretty reliable. The only real complaint I've heard is that sometimes packages get stuck in "processing" for overly long periods of time (like 6 or 7 days). That happened to one of mine, I sent them an email. I got a reply in less than a day, and got my headphones 2 days later.

I don't know too much about the warranty because I haven't had to send anything back. I think it's a return policy based only on defective merchandise, but I could be wrong.

Jan 27, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 15
I bought A900s from AudioCubes, they were really nice, and answered each and every one of my questions before and after buying. they also helped me to solve out the problems I had with the customs in Israel.

They also shipped it very fast. 4 days after ordering the phones arrived at Israel.

Jan 27, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 15
Audiocubes is pretty reliable. Communication with them is pretty much done with e-mails only and many times you hear about instances where ppl don't get replies at all. Processing can take up to a week, especially for less popular items, but once it's shipped, the site will let you know, along with the EMS tracking number. EMS packages are handled by USPS Express Mail, so it's very reliable. The other annoying thing that ppl don't like about audiocubes is the lack of packing for their orders. In your case, the W1000's will only have it's own box for protection. They usually ship full sized AT phones like that in a giant envelope. As for warranty, there's always a risk when it comes to importing goods not distributed in the US, so you'd be at the mercy of Audio-Technica Japan. Haven't heard of too many problems with the W1000 breaking on their own (unlike the sony cd3ks), so I wouldn't worry about it. As for getting AT phones from a US vendor? no chance there. Only Asia has them. I ordered two headphones from audiocubes and both transactions went perfectly, with only 2 days for processing and 2-3 days for shipping.

Jan 27, 2005 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 15
I've dealt with Audiocubes many times and all of my transactions were problem free. Recently it's been mentioned that they can be slow at responding to emails but if you are persistent they will respond. As it has been mentioned by Soupy sometimes your order status will say "Processing" for several days, this not an indication that Audiocubes has forgotten about your order but the item you have on order may be out of stock. In any case a quick email to them questioning the status of your order will usually resolve any problems.

Also Audiocubes is a little lite on the packing of items before they ship them. Like Soupy mentioned if you order the W1000s from them they will only put the cans in a bubble wrap shipping envelope. You could try and ask Kohn if he could put the cans in a box with bubble wrap instead to avoid damage during shipping but that might cost a little more.

I have a pair of W1000's and to my ears they are very detailed and have a good soundstage when listening to jazz and classical. They do sound a bit more foward compared Senns and some may say they sound a bit bright, I don't find them to be bright at all and I like my cans to have a bit of a foward sound. The W1000's doesn't have much slam, bass is there but it's not in your face type of bass. Just enough to compliment my listening needs when listening to jazz and classical music. It's been also mentioned here by some that the W1000's sound colored and nasally, but I perosnally don't find this so. When paired up with the right amp the W1000s can be a great sound pair of cans.

Jan 27, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #8 of 15
i've dealt with audiocubes twice. both times processing took two to three days and the package was here the start of the following week.

Jan 27, 2005 at 6:22 PM Post #9 of 15
do they usually send confirmation pre-shipping of your item?

i ordered eggos from them, paid with paypal and have had no notification about it from them... doesn't show up in my account under "purchases" either. Got a paypal reciept though.

Jan 27, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungee
do they usually send confirmation pre-shipping of your item?

i ordered eggos from them, paid with paypal and have had no notification about it from them... doesn't show up in my account under "purchases" either. Got a paypal reciept though.

How long ago did you make the purchase? They've sent me confirmation of my orders but if you don't receive one, email them and find out.

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:35 PM Post #12 of 15
I've had three orders shipped to me from Audio Cubes (one of which was the W1000s). They all shipped in a timely manner and arrived without any damage. (The boxes weren't heavily packaged to avoid damage, but I think the post office takes extra care in handling and delivering express mail. The station manger at my post office personally delivered one of the packages on a Sunday morning to my house.)

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:51 PM Post #13 of 15
audiocubes is good, dont worry.

from order to my door it took 10 days, suonds bad but customs in LA help them 4 days!, its really about a week, which is totally acceptable coming from japan.

my product was perfect and they keep their site updated very well with your orders progress.

have no fear with me. sersiouly id order from them again and will.

Jan 27, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #14 of 15
Turns out I inadvertantly did something wrong on the paypal side, so the money got sent but was not attached to an order (or something?). 'Kohn' from audiocubes sorted the whole mess out for me.

Jan 28, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #15 of 15
I bought my EX-81's from Audiocubes and was very happy with the transaction. I ordered them the day before Christmas Eve and got them the middle of the next week. As stated though the packing material is very sparse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back