audiocubes japanese or american?
Jul 11, 2004 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

cosmopragma

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm a bit confused.I thought gear purchased from audiocubes is sent directly from Japan.A german head-fier just told me that audiocubes is an american company and that all their listed items are stocked in America.

Jul 11, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 11
Pretty sure they are US based operation but have no warehouse inside of the US, hell, the cans I ordered from them are still in Osaka, Japan currently according to the EMS tracking (damn customs if they hold them up) with a scheduled flight for today

Plus it takes down price a lot, otherwise they would have to declare the real value of the item, and then pay tax on it, and as we all know customs tax can be hell.

From what other people have said it seems that they send the package "Gifted" with a lesser value as to make it so we do not have to pay the customs tax, that and my package is also being sent EMS...

so I'm pretty sure their warehouse or atleast supplies are in japan...
though the company itself may be located in the US

Jul 11, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #4 of 11
I will venture an uninformed guess. I think it is a company in the US that stocks popular items that move quickly but orders items from Japan when necessary to fill orders. I do know that the Audio Technica headphones my daughter bought me a couple of years ago came from Japan.

Jul 11, 2004 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 11
I spoke to one of their reps and he told me they ship from warehouses in Japan. The shipping time is amazing, even faster than ups ground if I order from a site in California or the like (Im in NY). Took 4 days from the date I placed the order to arrive, they even ship on Sundays.

Jul 11, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 11
From audiocubes' faq -

Why doesn't Audio Cubes maintain a warehouse in the US?

Audio Cubes is a US electronics shop with an "import" touch. We are the liaison between you and all those cool audio gadgets from Japan. In fact, you will usually pay less shopping for rare goodies this way. Let's face it, most of the electronic products sold in the US (or elsewhere) are manufactured in Asia. When you buy from a local store (including those domestic etailers), keep in mind that you are paying transportation fee, import tax, retailer's cost to maintain a warehouse, staff, utility, rent, and everything else! By eliminating an active warehouse in the US, we save money sending the products you want directly from our suppliers. With a reduction in cost, we can offer you lower prices and better deals. We also specialize in sending orders to Europe, Australia, South America, and Asia. ?

Jul 11, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #7 of 11
both headphones ive ordered from audiocubes were postmarked osaka, japan and in japanese mailers. im 100% sure they ship the items from japan. im pretty sure theyre an american company who is based in the us (california i think) who imports from japan to wherever (i think they ship to europe and asia as well).

edit: guess this post is useless as its reiterating whats already been said but oh well.

Jul 12, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #8 of 11
From my experience, EMS's tracking is 1 day behind; if it matters.

btw, Kohn, is the Admin of the t-board, minidisc-t site/ t-station and audiocubes/2 soo...he's in the US
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 11
I would add one thing that has been said here before. You CAN save money by buying through both AudioCubes and EIFL. The equipment that they ship is first rate and I have had no problems with the items that I have purchased. IF (and only IF) you need a repair on a piece of "gray market" Stax equipment, under warranty or not, the US importer, Yama's Inc., will not repair them. According to others on this website, Yama's (and most likely Mori****a in Canada) will not work on items that were not imported by the factory authorized distributor. So, if something breaks, you must send it back to Japan for repair. Warranty repairs will be honored by the factory in Japan but you will have to pay for shipping. Other members of this forum have also encountered issues with Customs holding up the shipping of equipment. Caveat emptor!

ps. In one case I recall the cost of the repair approached the cost of a new set of earspeakers. In their defense, most Stax equipment is well made so the need for repair, IMHO, should not be a cause for concern.

Jul 12, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #10 of 11
yea, I've been noticing that, almost got worried there for 24 hours

maybe it's just me really wanting those cans
tongue.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #11 of 11
Under the "about", the company's address is in Medford, Maine. I find that sort of surprising, expecting the company to be some where in the west coast. But if this is primarily a mail order company, they can practically operate their business anywhere thanks to the Internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back