AudioCube's Father's Day Sale.... NOT
Jun 19, 2007 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

MrSlacker

Headphoneus Supremus
I am sorry if this is the wrong section, if so, mods please move this.

I am really in shock right now. I always thought very highly of AudioCubes and was actually willing to buy from them for higher price than pricejapan only because of their great reputation. However, this all changed right now. As some of you know, AC had a father's day promotion during which they offered free shipping. I almost purchased a new pair of headphones because i thought i was getting a great deal. I decided to wait a day or two because pricejapan had the same or lower price. So now I went to AC's website to look at the headphones I looked at before. Denon D2000 were $290 and D5000 were $530 during this "sale" with free shipping. Right now they are $260 and $480 with $12 shipping. D5000 were $50 more expensive during this "sale." I could understand may be raising the price to cover for shipping, but not by this much.

What do you guys think about this?

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 29
Yep, I noticed this as well, like 2 hours ago. I dunno what to think, I kinda knew that the price would fall after a while, after the FOTM thing settled down. BTW for me it displays $10 shipping for the 2000's.

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #3 of 29
^ A.C. has always offered the D2000s @ $289+ Shipping, i know because i had them on order a month ago for a total of $305. I canceled this order after waiting 5 days "in processing"... I recently took the opportunity of their F.D. discount and bought @ $289 shipped and recieved within the week start to delivery. i'm very satisfied with A.C....

Seems they are now lowering the D2000 pricing + shipping, good deal for whoever scores them at this price I say....

Great cans BTW!!!

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #4 of 29
Guys, if you have AC related questions, feel free to post them in our forum, as they will be more relevant. Meanwhile, regarding our pricing strategy, I know that we are reducing the prices to compete against our competitors. You will understand that if we offer at this price and with free shipping we will be losing money. In fact I am not sure if we can actually maintain at this price at all, given that we operate differently and also we have the new AC Reward Points in place. Our staff is still evaluating this current pricing. So it's possible there will be a price hike again.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #5 of 29
Ugh, it always sucks when this sort of thing happens. One day later and I could have saved an easy 20 bucks.

Kohn - Who said that you had to both offer free shipping AND sell them at this discount price? What would have been nice would have been to offer them at this price for your Father's Day sale (but still charge for shipping), as this non-Father's Day deal is $20 cheaper than the Father's Day deal.

Well, anybody that's been on the fence for a pair of D2000s or D5000s, this looks like a great opportunity to capitalize upon. I just don't understand why Audiocubes would offer a "so-so" deal for Father's Day, and then afterward suddenly decide to do a price drop to result in a GOOD deal.

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #6 of 29
Azure, you should note that we started the father's day deal in early June and the current price drop was not anticipated before the deal was in place. If anything, the price drop was anticipated during the sale by our marketing manager. You should notice that we rarely have any deals (usually we just drop prices if we can). We were testing out the effects of dropping prices but the prices may not stay that way. They are still evaluating if the current prices are feasible.

But we appreciate your comments. I think the lesson learned here for us is to not drop the price so soon next to a deal so that our customers are not confused. I didn't realize that a price drop would actually have a negative effect. But I will let the other staff know.

Jun 19, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #7 of 29
Dont' raise it now! I plan to order in the next day or two!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #10 of 29
Lol! - I tried to order mine Sunday, but the coupon for the free shipping didn't work. I decided to wait for the next deal and what do I find first thing this morning, is this thread!

Just put in my order
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #12 of 29
Keep in mind that the dollar has appreciated against the yen by about 6% in the last three months. That would mean that pricejapan's prices would be coming down over this period (since they just seem to convert a price in yen into dollars using current exchange rates.) Audiocubes probably had to lower its prices just to compete.

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by riffer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol! - I tried to order mine Sunday, but the coupon for the free shipping didn't work. I decided to wait for the next deal and what do I find first thing this morning, is this thread!

Just put in my order
smily_headphones1.gif

The coupon doesn't work, but they should have refunded you the $10.00 a few days after your order.

I had a litte trouble with AC a while back as well. I ordered a STAX SR-001 MKII system and the order was pending for 2 WEEKS. I ended up cancelling the order and didn't buy from Audiocubes for another 6 months or so, when I bought the D2000s (which shipped much faster and on time).

nickknutson - Have you tried canceling your order and re-ordering with the lower price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back