Audio test today! Results in 2 weeks.
Oct 2, 2007 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Caribou679

1000+ Head-Fier
At the factory where I work every year they hire this firm of audioprotesist-consultant in industrial protection for the hearing.

Today is the test.

They bring a sound -proof booth , I sit inside and they fit me with a pair of headphone,(on the ear). They inform me to press a button every time I hear a tone in the headphone.

Then they start their amp + testing gear and a tone is sent every 10 secs about, but it's more on random, from low to high, in the left then the right ear.

The test lasts about 1 to 2 minutes.

In 2 weeks I receive a graph showing my results; comparing to a standard and also comparing with last year results.

Up to know I did this test 4-5 times an the results are OK!
I suffer a little loss, considering my age.

In the factory environment I am always wearing ear protectors. It is very insidious this loss of hearing and , the professionals say that it cannot be reversed. It's a mechanical/organic deterioration that happens when the cillia are dammaged due to too loud and prolonged sound.

I am not 100% sure that it cannot be reversed but it would necessitate an isolation from sound for a certain time. Who on Head-Fi wants to be isolate from sound,Hey!
wink.gif

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back