Audio Tecnica ATH-A700 Replacement
Feb 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ecosse_011172

New Head-Fier
After a few years, my Audio Technica's are dying and need replaced, they have too much leakage ow anyway.
I'm looking for closed, supra aural headphones that are comfortable and have minimal leakage as I'll use them every day at work.
I listen mostly to rock/indie/pop music and like a fairly neutral to warm sound.

I've been looking around but everything I come across has too much leakage.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 10

Quote:
After a few years, my Audio Technica's are dying and need replaced, they have too much leakage ow anyway.
I'm looking for closed, supra aural headphones that are comfortable and have minimal leakage as I'll use them every day at work.
I listen mostly to rock/indie/pop music and like a fairly neutral to warm sound.

I've been looking around but everything I come across has too much leakage.

Thanks in advance.

Budget?

Otherwise, prepare for $1000 in spending, like a D7000 with nice new DAC/AMP.

(Here's some budget friendly suggestions: HM5, FA002W, Q40, DT770, A900X, K550, D2000)

Very best,

Feb 19, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 10
Audio Technica ATH-A900.
They have been slowly dropping in price this week.

Feb 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 10
Oh, another consideration is that my head is on the large size, e.g. I find my Sennheiser HD25-1 II's uncomfortable after wearing them for a while.

The AKG K550's look very interesting..

Feb 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 10
What source(s) are you currently plugging your ATH-A700s into?
The ATH-A700 are easy to drive headphones.
You might need to get a headphone amplifier, depending on what new headphones you get.

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #7 of 10
I use them mostly with my iPhone and have been considering a small headphone amplifier but have read so many mixed reports on how much of a difference in SQ it's likely to make unless the headphones are a bitch to drive. I'm open minded though.

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
I use them mostly with my iPhone and have been considering a small headphone amplifier but have read so many mixed reports on how much of a difference in SQ it's likely to make unless the headphones are a bitch to drive. I'm open minded though.

Fiio E6 with Fiio "L" cable.
or cmoy (sold on eBay).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back