audio technika portable supra phones
Jun 18, 2009 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hamedy

100+ Head-Fier
hi there,

some one stole my triple fi 10 pro in college!!!!!!!
now i want to try a different world instead of getting another IEM, considering buying another triple fi is so difficult since its not available here.

I am tempted to get a ESW9 cause from what i read it has a very good sound and also looks great, further it meets tow of my important requirements: to be sealed and portable.
I have questions cause i'm totally newbie in realm of closed cans.
could some one explain that how ESW9 (240$) compares to cheaper models from AT, ES7 (95$ cut from 250$ !) and FC700A (~45$!!! amazon) ?
theres a huge difference in price but how they differ in sound?

one advantage in tow cheaper models is that they are thinner thus look better in front view and if they sound just slightly less accurate than W9 then they would be a logical choice with this wonderful price tag.
next question,
does W9 drive well on my zen vision m ?
and the last one,
how the signature and sound of these phones compare to senn px100, this may seem a meaningless question but px100 is the only non_IEM phone I have had.

thanks in advance

Jun 18, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by hamedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does W9 drive well on my zen vision m ?

I have the Esw10's which are similar, and the sound from my ipod or computer is very good. I can say with confidence that they will sound great straight out of your DAP. It's one of the reason why they are so popular.

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 9
I have the ES7 they are great for me. once i put them on i wouldn't want to put them down. they look great outside too with the dark silver mirror finish (mine is black). i personally haven tested the esw9 but from the reviews their improvement from the ES7 does not justify the jump in price

Jun 19, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #7 of 9
another vote for ES7 here. They sound great and aren't horribly expensive. I personally would never wear ESW9s outside, if they get damaged, stolen, lost, etc. I would be horribly sad and angry. If you have money, perhaps it's a good choice though. Don't know if the extra cost is worth it, but it is a large difference of money.

The ES7 is pretty easily driven. Shouldn't be a problem.

The isolation of the ES7s is not great. Sound will get in, not to the extent of open cans but it doesn't seal you out like some IEMs. On the other hand, they pretty much don't leak sound at all.

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #9 of 9
The ES7 sounds quite different from the ESW9. The ES7 is a very all-rounded headphone, solid bass that's more polite than your regular Denon or Ultrasone, forward mids, plenty of highs. The ESW9 sounds more like a Senn, like the HD650. The ES7 is a solid choice for an entry-level portable phone, so if I were you I'll get it and think about getting the ESW9 if you like what you are getting. Be warned that a portable headphone can never give you the isolation and comfort of a good IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back