Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series
Dec 22, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #181 of 427

Yeah I know.

I guess I'd go for the IM02 still if I was buying them, right now they'd cost me £122 inc FedEx from CDJapan.

I've been looking at the Sony XBA-H1 too.

So, I decided to go for the new DUNU DN-1000 hybrid IEM instead of the IM02 and with the current discount on MP4Nation it actually cost me slightly less.

What discount? :p

Dec 22, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #183 of 427
Just got this over the weekend and is still trying to burn them in. This has to be one of the better IEM by Audio-Technica and very well-priced. IMO the IM03 is the best bang for the buck. Guys, this is a GEM in the making. 

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #184 of 427
  Just got this over the weekend and is still trying to burn them in. This has to be one of the better IEM by Audio-Technica and very well-priced. IMO the IM03 is the best bang for the buck. Guys, this is a GEM in the making. 

How are you liking them? What are you impressions in sound quality and balance?

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #185 of 427
  IM03. it is improved version of CK100PRO. it neutral & well balanced.

thanks bro

im glad that they made a new version of CK100pro, this looks much more ergonomic as the previous one which i demo'ed the swivelling part of the IEM tends to be loose after some time and will go all around

issit still as bright as the CK100PRO?

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #186 of 427
Dec 23, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #187 of 427

+1

Although I find it slightly on the bright side but that is coming from a guy who loves his FitEar 334 
biggrin.gif
 It is a detailed iem and for the money, it is good value, IMO. For those who prefer slightly more bass, the IM04 is the way to go but that would mean forking out another US$150.

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #188 of 427
Never.

Japan only, so you have to import them.
10% off, code LASTCHANCE13.

I'm not so sure. Lots of stuff is finding it's way over here now. I thought they would never sell the CKM1000 over here but it is here now. Never had the top stuff here in the U.S. but the AD2000X and A 2000X etc. are here now so I think the monitor series will come over. Part of making them more like the Westones and Shures of this world design-wise is to appeal to outside of Japan. Not that it will be soon but I think we may just see the new monitor series here in the U.S.

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #190 of 427
Alright, I ordered the IM50'S from CDJapan last night, and got the Fedex International Priority shipping, which said 1-3 days. Is that 1-3 days for it to ship out, or to get here?

Tomorrow is Christmas eve--and yes the Japanese do celebrate.. though not in the same way--so you might be waiting a couple days for it to ship out. If the package said "1-3 days" then it means it will be delivered within one to three days from the time of shipping. My IM70s took 3 full days before they shipped.

IIRC business's are closing soon for New Years and they won't reopen until the 3rd of January.

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #191 of 427
Alright, I ordered the IM50'S from CDJapan last night, and got the Fedex International Priority shipping, which said 1-3 days. Is that 1-3 days for it to ship out, or to get here?

It's 1-3 days after the package has been given over to the courier.

If it says that though I'd give it a week mate, don't be listening out for your doorbell anytime soon.

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #193 of 427

My IM70's took around a week to get to my doorstep since i bought them from CDJapan. Add to that a couple of days, and you might see them around the first week of January... or maybe sooner, who knows.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #195 of 427
Do you know what happens if there's nobody home to give a signature?

They take it back, and leave you a note and come back the next day. I got some "storage charges" that added a little more to the end cost, but nothing to be worried about. I suggest you send an email to Fedex and try to coordinate a time so you can either go pick them up, or when they come to your house, you'll be there to receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back