audio technica's fragile?
Jun 18, 2009 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ismelllikepoop

100+ Head-Fier
kind of want to get some portable closed headphones for studying at the library, and the etymotics i've had for years are kind of irritating when plugged in for hours on end. so far the audio technica es7 and esw9 have caught my eye but from reading a decent number of posts it seems they are pretty fragile. is this a known issue or is it the complaint of just a few ppl?

Jun 18, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 4
I've got esw10's which is the same build quality with the esw9's apart from the wood cup difference. I think the plastic parts holding the cups look and feel fragile and probably won't take much abuse. But if you are careful I don't think you should worry so much.
Also the fact they are made of nice wood cups pretty much makes me handle them carefully as i enjoy their beauty and don't want to scratch them

No experience with es7's.

Jun 20, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 4
I take care of my ES7s, but putting them in their pouch and then in a little backpack with some other items, they've never been damaged. Again, I don't abuse them in any way so I can't say for sure but they won't break with simple use and care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back