Audio Technica
Mar 15, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #19 of 41
They only come up once in a blue moon -- three times in about a year of watching the auctions. They generally sell for about $350 to $400. The W1000s by comparison generally sell at about the same price point, while the W2002s run anywhere from $650 to $1000 depending on the buyer.

The W100s have shown up occasionally, running about $250-$300. The ATH-W10LTD showed up once, but I missed the end of the auction.

Mar 15, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by otprof
Why not just grab a cheap pair of KSC-35s? Simple, great sounding for the price, and very easy on your "almost empty" wallet.

Admittedly they don't attract the ladies quite like a snazzy pair of AT woodies.

Meh, I'll probably get some of the titanium ear buds...

Mar 15, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by blux
Meh, I'll probably get some of the titanium ear buds...

I guess I'm out of my league here.
plainface.gif

Mar 15, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by otprof
I guess I'm out of my league here.
plainface.gif

I sure dont think so!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Koss might actually be a good idea...
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #23 of 41
Hi Blux,
I would try audio-technica ATH-EZ5CX from the EARZ series. They actually sound more balanced, but volume level is little restricted.
Fairly better than Sony, Koss, Panasonic, Philips I have.
Even compared to ATH-EM7, I think it's better in value, performance, and overall acoustic. ATH-EM7 sounds little dry and cold as sonic character is concerned, but they're super-light and comfortable. I certainly don't know about ATH-EW9 at $199. Maybe ATH-EM5 is good compromise between price, sound, and comfort.
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #24 of 41
Too bad that the EM7 doesnt sound that great.. They are a good price, good enough to not look crazy.. With the EW9 people would probably kill you, then steal your woodies, then run..

The ATH-EM9r Ear-Fitting Headphones look pretty damn nice for the price, but then If I'm shelling out $159, why not just go all the way and get the EW9, I mean, they probably sound the same...Although I think I will be a little more conservative on my next buy and go for the EM9r.

Its really to bad, because every day I will look at the EW9 and think about how cool they look...

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 15, 2004 at 9:19 PM Post #25 of 41
If looks could kill!!!
My ATH-EM7 have beautiful brushed aluminium finish along with piston-precision type earclips. Ear cups are CNC machine milled so it's attractive 1 metal piece. I'm very sure fit and finish on ATH-EM9 is par or excels my clip-ons.

Mar 15, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #26 of 41
There is actually a W10JPN on yahoo auctions Japan right now, Strohmie.

BTW, does anyone know where the W2002 could be had stateside, if at all?

Mar 16, 2004 at 12:11 AM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by oneeyedhobbit
There is actually a W10JPN on yahoo auctions Japan right now, Strohmie.

BTW, does anyone know where the W2002 could be had stateside, if at all?

That's a W10LTD, not JPN (there is no W10JPN). But yea, I see what you're talking about...that's the second one I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back