Audio Technica W11R out of stock
May 28, 2002 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Anders

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got a message from Audiocubes that I have purchased the last W11R. Good luck because I have spent some time on research and I seem to get my sample. Bad luck for others who may be interested. I had really preferred that more persons got this phone rather than being one of the few, as interchange of experience is a main feature of Head-Fi.
I checked that it has disappeared from Audiocubes website, they get a plus for fast upgrading. W100 and W2002 are still available.
For those who don't know: W11R and W2002 are limited editions and not produced any more.

May 29, 2002 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 10
If its limited edition, and selling out fast, I doubt its possible to get it cheap. Maybe some local hi-fi shop somewhere in Japan has one under the shelf that they haven't sold yet and would part with for cheap, but I doubt any of them still available out there will be sold for cheap.

Peace,
phidauex

May 29, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #6 of 10
It's really tough to say right now as a head cold has had my ears all confused.
smily_headphones1.gif
I hope to have a review up soon for you all.

May 29, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #7 of 10
JBannow,

I have an idea! How about a review of the W100 vs. W2002 vs. W11R. Jon Beilin still has his W100's up for sale, I believe! You know, if you were to get the W100's, you would be undisputably the best suited leader of Team Woody (well, you did start the "I got my first woody" thing, so you sort of were already the best leader) . . .
tongue.gif
But nevertheless, why not get the W100 too?!?!! Add another AT can to your increasingf repretoire! You would've had your third woody! Oh well, I know . . . sort of unreasonable, but maybe someone could lend you their W100's so that the test could be done.

May 29, 2002 at 1:24 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by The Quality Guru
But nevertheless, why not get the W100 too?!?!! Add another AT can to your increasingf repretoire! You would've had your third woody! Oh well, I know . . . sort of unreasonable, but maybe someone could lend you their W100's so that the test could be done.

You know, I've thought about it. Hard to talk myself into it, but it is tempting. I'm really interested in some of the older limiteds as well. Well, you never know what might happen.
wink.gif

May 29, 2002 at 4:02 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

I have purchased the last W11R

Congratulations, Anders!

At this point, I'd presume that the W11R's sonic character might be closer to the very similar looking W11JPN than to the W100 or the W2002. I guess this means it has a slightly brighter tonal balance. But I am sure jbannow will tell us once his cold is gone. Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Besides, Guru is right of course. However owns two wooden AT headphones has the moral obligation to buy them all and tell us how they compare. It's a sacred duty.
wink.gif

May 29, 2002 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Tomcat
But I am sure jbannow will tell us once his cold is gone. Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Indeed I will ... can't wait to do so.

Quote:

Originally posted by Tomcat
Besides, Guru is right of course. However owns two wooden AT headphones has the moral obligation to buy them all and tell us how they compare. It's a sacred duty.
wink.gif

Let me just print this quote out and show it to my fiance.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back