Audio-Technica W11JPN- Like Apple Jacks Cereal
Apr 24, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #16 of 22
Congrats! I wish I never sold them to Mulveling. Now my pair is with Agile_one. They are indeed very musical. Some other models might offer a better resolution but the W11JPN is a very good around headphone, imo.

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the club! They certainly are a very fun headphone, with no glaring deficiencies. The W5000 does give that added detail and openness, but isn't as forgiving or seductive. The two make a pretty good team. I just put some new pads on my W11's, and comfort is definitely up there with the 5000 now, as before my ears could touch the drivers in the W11.

glad you're enjoying the new W11JPN pads :p

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #19 of 22
Congrats on receiving your pair of W11JPN. I've search long and hard for my pair and was lucky enough to get my hands on them. I do agree that when compared to my CD3K's, the soundstage and level of detail out of the W11JPN isn't as large or refined. However, the W11JPN are also much more forgiving and not as bright as the CD3K's. They make listening to music less analytical and more enjoyable. Not to mention that they are also a drop dead gorgeous set of cans.

Apr 25, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess that would make the W100 like Kix, the W5000 like Cracklin' Oat Bran, and the W2002 like Honey Nut Cheerios.

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on receiving your pair of W11JPN. I've search long and hard for my pair and was lucky enough to get my hands on them. I do agree that when compared to my CD3K's, the soundstage and level of detail out of the W11JPN isn't as large or refined. However, the W11JPN are also much more forgiving and not as bright as the CD3K's. They make listening to music less analytical and more enjoyable. Not to mention that they are also a drop dead gorgeous set of cans.

I guess that describes it for me in a short neat manner. I will say with music that is of high quality the differences between the CD3Ks and W11s go away. They are still different sounding but the "W11 being better/more musical" thing starts to diminish a little / some.

I wonder what is the best synergy components to use with the W11 - I have a Lavry DA-10. Would an AT amp be demonstratively better? Do AT amps have re-sale value for non AT headphone owners? Are there other great amps/DACs for the W11s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back