audio technica vs pro-ject carbon debut
Nov 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

the5chord

New Head-Fier
looking into getting a turntable soon.  I am quit liking the look of the audio technica 1240.  I don`t need any of the DJ features but I like the metal and aesthetic.  I know some have complained about the preamp and not being able to bypass it. 

Also like the Pro-ject Carbon but the painted MDF bothers me.  I used to work in a cabinet shop and I have seen old mdf doors with peeling paint and such.  Not sure if I should be concerned about using it in a turntable or not.  Being a belt driven turntable it`s supposed to be quieter than the audio technica.  

any thoughts on these two options?

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi the5chord I have a project debut 3 w MD plinth base I have had no problems with pain't separating from the material. I'm going on 5 years and live in a humid climate also no swelling of the material or saging . I used to have the same concerns as u about material but the base is heavy and NOT made from the same mdf board as cabinets and cheap furniture. I m not sure but I believe the carbon and debut base are made the same the bottom of mine is also painted . I hope that clears up the mdf issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back