Audio-Technica R70x vs A1000Z
Aug 20, 2023 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Borteese

New Head-Fier
Wondering how the A1000Z fairs against the R70X. I know they are different types of headphones and therefore have different sounds, but I've heard some reviewers saying the A1000Zs have really good soundstage, let alone for a closed back. Also any earpad recommendations (~$50) for the A1000z would be appreciated.

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #4 of 4
Wondering how the A1000Z fairs against the R70X. I know they are different types of headphones and therefore have different sounds, but I've heard some reviewers saying the A1000Zs have really good soundstage, let alone for a closed back. Also any earpad recommendations (~$50) for the A1000z would be appreciated.
Listening to r70x made me think if it had more bass than a1000z, I almost thought it did...

Until I did the A/B, a1000z had more bass, in my opinion maybe even the quality was better, to my surprise the 1000z mids also had more emphasis on the upper mids, japanese female vocals sounded "better" on the a1000z, clearer, "prettier", it had more of the audio technica "house sound" ( im not talking about m50x lol but more how other audiophile audio tech headphones sound).

A1000z was brighter and more clear.

To be honest I thought a1000z had bigger sounds, not lacking VS r70x.

The thing is that open cans can be more natural with some tracks and they have more sense of openness and that last thing can be independent of Soundstage Size.

So in some way r70x sounded more "open" (lol it's an open headphone) but a1000z Soundstage size was not lacking against it.

For the pads , I have heard from a guy that said that the Dekoni earpads for 1000z/2000z conserved the stock sound but were more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back