audio technica or jvc?
Mar 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 10
Superlux HD-668B or the Panasonic HTF600s

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
He was diggin the sony xb500 so he chose them. im probably gonna have a listen myself

A nice headphone for bassheads. Probably does not have the modding potential like the rx700's. 

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #8 of 10
bmeat -- I'm no audiophile or headphone expert... not by a long shot.  But, I've owned the JVC phones you are talking about and I HATED them.  There was no detail, no separation of instruments.  Everything seemed smeared all together, and the bass kind of overwhelmed everything else.   It was the muddy sound that I hated most, though.  It was like listening to music thru pillows or something.  Just awful.  I threw them straight in the trash.  Had I known so many people wanted these, though (and the price has jumped quite a bit), I would have re-sold them.

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #10 of 10
bmeat -- Well, it could definitely just be me and what I like.  Tastes are so subjective.  I just like really good clarity and separation of instruments with my headphones.  HARX700 just didn't have this, IMO.  But, LOTS of people like them... so you might, too.  It's so difficult to choose... I know, because I'm trying to decide what to get, too.  Driving me nuts.. lol!  HD 202 have the sound signature I love and have been my favourites, but the wires are so thin, they break WAY too easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back