Audio-technica m50 or Skullcandy Crusher
Apr 11, 2015 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Diegoofey

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I dont know what to get Audio-Technica M50 or Skullcandy Crusher... I listen to: Hip hop, Drum and Bass & dubstep. I want good bass but still good vocals. And which one is more comfortable?

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 8
  Hello,

I dont know what to get Audio-Technica M50 or Skullcandy Crusher... I listen to: Hip hop, Drum and Bass & dubstep. I want good bass but still good vocals. And which one is more comfortable?

Skullcandies are out of the questions here...
M50 will definitely do better in bass and vocal, but they are quite uncomfortable, not good for long use.
I recommend checking on other headphones.

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 8
With your budget, you can do better. I would recommend you first look at the Soundmagic HP150, followed by the AKG K545 (not sure how much this AKG is in your country--it may be over budget--but you can look). If you were to get an amp, you could look at a Beyer DT770 Pro 80, but I worry a bit about the mids being a bit too recessed for you with this can. Of these three, I would prefer the HP150 over-all, followed by the AKG (closely), and then the Beyer. YMMV, of course. If you wanted to save a lot of money, the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80, re-branded) is a very good, affordable can for the money and hard to beat at its price-point. Just a few thoughts. Good luck!!

Apr 12, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #8 of 8
Hmm M50s feel fine to me, but I generally have a high tolerance I think. Is it convenient for you to try some of these before you buy at a brick and mortar shop? I guess the M50s have been phased out so they might be harder to come by, but you might be able to find some of the ones serman listed? (As well as others -- at some point you should follow your own tastes, not what head-fi tells you is good)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back