Audio Technica-M40x vs Sennheiser HD 439
Jun 30, 2015 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

natesp4

New Head-Fier
Hi, I recently have been searching for a pair of decent over the ear closed back headphones. I've been able to narrow down my choice between these two brands.

As a little background of what I'm looking for, I plan to use these almost exclusively to listen to music (all genres from Rap to Country). My main usage for them will be in my dorm room, where I hope to minimize leakage both in and out of my headphones. I think I've zero'd in on the amount of sound quality I need for my taste and listening preferences but I need help making the final decision between the two.

I am aware that the M40x's are a slight notch above the 439's, but this is most definitely accounted for in the price difference.

The prices I am looking at on Amazon at the moment are Audio Technica-M40x: $139.00 reduced down to $99.00
Sennheiser HD 439 : $99.95 reduced down to $47.13

So the Sennheiser's are obviously a very good deal right now. My issue holding me back is only that I do prefer the Audio Technicas. They are slightly better in terms of specs and I find them more aesthetically pleasing. I only plan to buy a pair of headphones once in the next 5+ years so I'm tempted to bite the bullet and buy the ones that are nicer.

I'm hoping that anyone might have any detail or recommendation that can help sway me either way as everything I know about headphones I learned on the internet today. Any piece of advice is greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance for taking the time to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back