Audio-Technica Headphone Requirements for PC
Feb 1, 2010 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SoftICE

New Head-Fier
What is Audio-Technica Headphone Requirements to work on a PC ?

Do I need a special sound card ?

I have "Creative SoundBlaster Live 5.1" supports digital & dolby sound .... And I'm trying to buy one of those Audio-Technica Headphones :

ATH-AD700
or
ATH-AD500
or
ATH-AD300

Will I need to upgrade my sound card ?

And does it differ between different sound cards ? or any working one will give me the full advantages of my headphone ?

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 7
All bold, and a caution icon. Awesome.

Anything with a proper stereo out can drive any headphones. The only matter is, how well. The better a DAC/Amp you get, the nicer your headphones can sound. Sound quality is always the sum of all parts. Digital Source, DAC (Via sound card or external DAC), Amp, and headphones.

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 7
They should sound fine straight out of your soundcard. Go for the AD700 if you can and don't bother looking back n__n

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanx alot for this fast responds
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #5 of 7
I <3 AD700s.

You may want to upgrade your soundcard though, if you're going to be doing some serious music listening. You could use a standalone DAC or get a good internal soundcard.

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #6 of 7
I ordered a pair of AD900's and the Nuforce uDac. I only have onboard sound that has been acting up recently, so I just decided to skip the hassle of buying a soundcard and picked up the uDac. I'll tell you how it is (hopefully) sometime this week, if you haven't decided on what to do.

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a pair of AD900's and the Nuforce uDac. I only have onboard sound that has been acting up recently, so I just decided to skip the hassle of buying a soundcard and picked up the uDac. I'll tell you how it is (hopefully) sometime this week, if you haven't decided on what to do.

No, I'm waiting
smily_headphones1.gif
Actually I didn't find the AD700 in the whole Egypt, even in Audio-Technica Agent in egy , so I'll try to get it from another country
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back