Audio-Technica Fans: what other brands/models do you like?
Nov 19, 2016 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

schneller

1000+ Head-Fier
I have always enjoyed Audio-Technica sound. I currently am using an older pair of ATH-CKM500s after my last IM70s died after a few months of use. Unfortunately, I have come to doubt ATH quality AND I have come to the conclusion that I do NOT like over-the-ear IEMs. 

What models, ATH or other brand, should I be looking at in the $150 or lower price range that are slimmer, more traditional under-the-ear IEMs? 

Source for me is my cellphone (LG G4, maybe V20 soon) and/or a Schiit Fulla. Primary music is female vocal trance, and while I appreciate good bass, I am not necessarily a bass head.

Thanks.

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 6
Anybody?

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 6
Check out the new V-moda Forza or Forza Metallo.  http://v-moda.com/in-ear

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 6
  I have always enjoyed Audio-Technica sound. I currently am using an older pair of ATH-CKM500s after my last IM70s died after a few months of use. Unfortunately, I have come to doubt ATH quality AND I have come to the conclusion that I do NOT like over-the-ear IEMs. 

What models, ATH or other brand, should I be looking at in the $150 or lower price range that are slimmer, more traditional under-the-ear IEMs? 

Source for me is my cellphone (LG G4, maybe V20 soon) and/or a Schiit Fulla. Primary music is female vocal trance, and while I appreciate good bass, I am not necessarily a bass head.

Thanks.

Unless they changed the Fulla you won't be using it with your LG G4 with just an OTG cable.  It requires a separate power source, which kind of defeats the whole portable idea unless you like stacks of stuff held together with rubber bands or velcro, haha.

FYI, the sound signature of the G4 to me was a bit thick, slight mid recess and toward the warm side so you may wish to keep that in mind when considering iem signatures.  I also like female vocals and prefer iems with a more forward midrange signature.

Nov 20, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #6 of 6
  Unless they changed the Fulla you won't be using it with your LG G4 with just an OTG cable.  It requires a separate power source, which kind of defeats the whole portable idea unless you like stacks of stuff held together with rubber bands or velcro, haha.

FYI, the sound signature of the G4 to me was a bit thick, slight mid recess and toward the warm side so you may wish to keep that in mind when considering iem signatures.  I also like female vocals and prefer iems with a more forward midrange signature.

Thanks. I thought Fulla could be charged and then carried with the G4, a small USB cable connecting the two.

I agree with your comments about the G4. I have heard better phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back