Audio Technica ESW9A with Clip+?
Feb 6, 2012 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aillas

Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting Audio Technica ESW9A's, but won't if they don't work well with the Sansa Clip+ portable audio player.

Anyone here use ESW9A's with a Clip+? If so, how well do they work together? Would an amp be necessary?

Thanks.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting Audio Technica ESW9A's, but won't if they don't work well with the Sansa Clip+ portable audio player.

Anyone here use ESW9A's with a Clip+? If so, how well do they work together? Would an amp be necessary?

Thanks.

Hey Aillas,

I have the ESW9's and my friend has the Sansa Clip but with the fiio E5 little portable amp and the sound was really fantastic. To be honest you really don't need an amp for these headphones, my IPOD has no problems driving these headphones , so the Sansa should be powerful enough to drive the ESW9's to reasonable volumes. Though I do enjoy running these cans through my main amplifier and do notice improvements just not as substantial as my other headphones. The beauty of the ESW9's is that they sound gorgeous straight out of pretty much anything and they have a unique sound signature, really colored and warm honey-like midrange, so if that is the type of sound you enjoy go for it! Best of luck, cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back