Audio-Technica Earbuds
Jan 9, 2006 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CloudySkies

100+ Head-Fier
Just a few quick questions about these buds. Primarily I'm looking for something that can replace my KSC75s.....I always end up using them for on the go use over my Senn MX450s due to the better sound quality. I came accross this site selling ATH-CM7s for $60, first of all, are these legit and not some kind of knock-off? And how do the ATH-CM7s stack up to the KSCs, what can I expect and what are the bass characteristics like? Are they going to be noticeably better than the cheaper ATH-CM4s? Here's the site: http://store.whsle.biz/product_info.php?products_id=73

Jan 9, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Becausee supply of goods is exceptive, the item without carrying case and extension cord, earphones only!

10 Bucks says they're not legit... Actual retail would have the box, pouch, extention cord, and earbuds...

Jan 9, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 7
the ksc75 are pretty good for the price. price versus performance, i would not pick an AT earbud, especially the metallic ones. the only that i have liked so far out of the AT earbud line up is the EC7. neither buds nor the clip-ons will provide any isolation, if that's what you're looking for.

Jan 9, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudySkies
And how do the ATH-CM7s stack up to the KSCs, what can I expect and what are the bass characteristics like?

Bass, what bass?
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif
Compared to the Koss, CM7 is severely deficient in bass quantity. If you amp it or EQ, you can get a little more bass volume. The bass you do hear is much tighter than the KSC75.

Jan 10, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 7
I would be a little cautious at this site. The Netcraft toolbar gives it it's highest risk rating. It is a brand new website. Also, the site is not secure when entering your personal information. I wouldn't trust it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back