Audio technica clip-ons,which ones??
Sep 2, 2007 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mitkooo

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody,i need some help. I own an iPod 30Gigs and just burnt out a pair of sony phones,the ones with retractable cord. Thinking about getting new ones, specially Audio Technica ATH-EM7, love the design,but have no experience with its sound. Heard ATH-EM9 and i loved the sound!!!
Is there a big difference in sound? I ve read that they quite lack of bass,but i think EM9 was ok. Anyway,that was on the iriver T10, and iPod equalisers dont have a lot of bass,really.
pls,help me

Sep 2, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 6
Jump for the EM9. From the impressions I read, the driver in EM9 is different so they have more bass than EM7. I have EW9, which is not bassy but suffices for many music types.

Sep 2, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 6
This thread is pretty much how I got into Head-Fi.

I wanted clip ons, and I wanted SQ. I wanted to follow the Audio Technica line and did not want IEMs, etc.

Personally I found it to be a big mistake. I ended up spending quite a large sum on money for only decent sound. (I purchased the ATH-EW9).

The KSC75 from Koss sound better IMO for literally a tenth of the price.

Sep 2, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 6
KSC75 is actually a worse headphone, but EW9 as notoriously pointed out, has a troublesome quality of fit (as does EM9). As a result - you are just not on the list of people who can use the AT clip-ons. Does not mean KSC75 is superior, on comparison to a well fitted Audio Technica, KSC75 is muddy, with a bloated bass, and poor treble extension...

That being said, to the OP, unless you really want a clip-on (I did, hence I have EW9), there are other excellent headphones with AT sound. I would take a look at ES7.

Sep 3, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 6
You're probably right. I'll also say that the EW9's sound amazing---when pressed against my ears. But that's not what I would want to do when travelling, sleeping, etc.

I say that if you're going to buy the EW9's, buy them from a place where you can return them if you're not satisfied. They certainly weren't for me :p

Sep 3, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 6
I know that EM9 sound lovely,had them borrowed for a while,but my budget is about 50$ and EM9 cost a hell more than EM7. I might go for KSC75, as they are okay but the look is not excellent and the treble is a bit worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back