Audio-Technica Clip-Ons...anybody know anything about 'em
Jan 3, 2005 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

justanotheruser

100+ Head-Fier
(title)

I saw them here. The designs look SWEET...but how do they sound?

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 6
These are among the best ear-buds, and price to match. Cheaper than custom IEMs. I like them alot. There have been some posts b4. The sound is very similar if not identical to the non-clip-ons. Though as I mentioned b4 the clip helps lock in a little tighter so perhaps helps provide a little better seal, once ya get them set, which takes some adjusting til ya find the sweet spot.

Pair with a iPod, iHP etc... and portable amp and you will get some very good portable audio.

I needed the clips to keep them from falling out during inopportune moments, running for a train etc...

As always this is my opinion based on my experiences, your results may vary.

The clip can become tire after a while but not painful just noticeable, but would be at least an hour or two from my experience. After which perhaps your ears could use a break.

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:30 AM Post #3 of 6
Anybody know about the non-bud ones? Just curious...probably not in the market for these things right now...but my little brother has a birthday dangerously close and maybe these would revive his interest in his iPod (he's hardly using it anymore...what a waste)....

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #4 of 6
with ATH u pay for their fashion, they are actually quite ordinary sounding. most of the clip on ones sound about the same as a koss - 50 / 35 / 75

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:38 AM Post #5 of 6
Ahh, thanks. That's what I guessed. Too bad they're not priced comparably.
frown.gif
But considering the looks, I can see how they'd be worth it to the fashion-conscious. CRAZY!

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
with ATH u pay for their fashion, they are actually quite ordinary sounding. most of the clip on ones sound about the same as a koss - 50 / 35 / 75

Not with all ATH phones. I dont really know about the clip ons but you cant really be saying you are paying for "fashion" with the A900's or the various higher priced incarnations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back