Audio Technica CKM90 for $106?
May 4, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by wenhui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The M50 is fairly neutral in bass for me actually. Maybe it could sound "tighter" for an improvement, but I mainly use the M50 for composing/tracking as compared to actually purely listening to music. However the M50 hasn't really proved me wrong yet for being a "neutral" headphone, thus my opinion of bass on the M50.

Thank you for your response.

I'm looking for tighter bass in my next purchase. I agree that the M50 is neutral but I'm looking for a more "fun" earphone this time, if that made any sense at all. haha.

and I've just been reading up on the FX-700..............................

May 4, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #17 of 24
Yup it makes sense, don't worry! If it helps I do think that you should borrow or audition a pair of CKM90's. To me they're more "fun" than the M50, it has a fuller sound compared to the M50 and does great for listening to most types of music.

May 5, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by aspenx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it really not worth it even for USD106?
AFAIK, and as far as I've read on this forum, AT seems to be quite reasonable with your price positioning strategy (i.e. price being positively related to quality).

Were you able to get a good fit with the phones? Did you try other tips?
Do you want to sell it to me for cheap since you think they're not worth it?

Please let me know.

EDIT: I just read your brief review of the CKM90. I noticed that it was back in 2008 when you reviewed it. Did it get better for you after burning in? "The mids sound nasal" is quite worrying for me.

for the price, i'd say there are other better phones out there. i've tried other tips, but no improvements. you can try the creative inear 2 though. had a brief listen to it at the store in marina square and they sounded pretty nice.

May 5, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for the price, i'd say there are other better phones out there. i've tried other tips, but no improvements. you can try the creative inear 2 though. had a brief listen to it at the store in marina square and they sounded pretty nice.

What you don't like about them? In my opinion, it helps the OP more if you give some reasons or describe how CKM90 fails you.

May 5, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by wenhui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup it makes sense, don't worry! If it helps I do think that you should borrow or audition a pair of CKM90's. To me they're more "fun" than the M50, it has a fuller sound compared to the M50 and does great for listening to most types of music.

I got myself the PL50 in the meantime. It arrived at noon and I'll just have to say I appreciate the M50's fidelity and dynamic range a lot more now. Looking forward to comparing the PL50 with the CKM90 soon.
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, you're in Singapore too.

I had a chance to get Creative products at staff price for some time, but I passed on it. Not sure if I regret it now. I'm not a big fan of Creative but I'll take a listen when I can. Thanks.

By the way, which store in Marina Square are you referring to?

May 5, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What you don't like about them? In my opinion, it helps the OP more if you give some reasons or describe how CKM90 fails you.

I found that the reviews for this specific pair of phones are always on the two extremes. Never really understood why, even after reading the Japanese reviews but the good things I hear have me piqued enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back