Audio Technica Cans-M30's, M40's, or M20's??
Oct 8, 2006 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Krummy340

New Head-Fier
which of these is the most comfortable? which sounds the best? I will primarily use them for a portable mp3 player, and i listen to all types of music. I need something that is closed, and preferably circumaural because i hear that is the most comfortable and has the best sound quality. Any advice would be great on these three phones in particular, or an other set that may be similar in price...

Oct 8, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 5
I doubt very many people have had a chance to compare these. They do represent very good value for money in closed circumaural phones. Pick one according to your budget. The M40 is probably best, but I've only heard the M30. For portable use, I would recommend the AKG K81DJ over any one of these, though being supra-aural they are not as comfortable.

Oct 9, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #5 of 5
I would definitely not walk around with the M40s, my head gets hot just sitting still in them, so I couldn't imagine walking around in 70-80 degree tempartures in them.

Also, they are somewhat large, so I would look elsewhere than the M40 for portable use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back