Audio-Technica ATH-WS55I vs Sennheiser HD429S for android phone . what are your thoughts/recommendations ?
Apr 16, 2015 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JeffB1961

Previously known as BOOTYMONSTER
just got my first smartphone (Sharp Aquos Crystal) and i want decent headphones for it . i don't like in-ears cause i can hear my heartbeat and my breathing and i don't like the feel of something in my ear . i want over ear cups only . i've narrowed my choices down to the Audio-Technica ATH-WS55I and the Sennheiser HD429S , but i'm open to other suggestions . i'm 53 , don't do rap , hip hop or the hard driving techno that seems to be popular , i like classic rock some pop and smooth jazz . i don't want overpowering bass (beats) but i do want clean fairly deep bass with some impact and sparkly but clean highs will be ok too . i had a pair of sennheiser 555's that recently died and they were really comfortable and fit around my ears nicely ! but a bit more sheen/zip to the high end would have been nice  i'm not expecting the same sound quality from these portables , but will either of these have the same comfort and ear space as the 555s ? any idea how they will sound differently than my old 555s ?

thanks , jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back