Audio Technica ATH WS55 or WS77?
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mvjxr

New Head-Fier
I've been doing some headphone research for a few days and for my budget ($120 or less) I've narrowed my choices to the 2 headphones above.
I bought the ATH M50 but soon realized that they're meh on the bass that I like. I guess I'm kind of a basshead even though I don't like to think that I am.

Question is, which of these are better in sound and bass? I'm more drawn to the 55s because I want the red/black one, but is the 77 a lot better?

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 5
I know the Ws55 have a slightly different sound when compared to the M50's. They don't have recessed mids, bass response is great and some sonic aspects are better than the M50. If you love bass this is your headphone. 

Can't comment about the Ws77

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #4 of 5
WS55s are pretty good. Build quality is decent. Sound is great. I have been listening to BASS 305, and the lows are awesome. The only downside to the WS55s is that they squeeze real hard against the ears.

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 5
Some people love the bass on the 55s, but others disagree a lot (I haven't yet been able to try them). I'm pretty sure the M50 is superior overall to the 55s, but idk about the 77s. M50s can be EQ'd for more sub-bass if that is what you want. The bass on the WS series may be more extended than the M50s. If you really want an upgrade from M50s, you will probably want to go 77s or 99s, but I don't know how different they are between each other. You might want to consider other bassy headphones like the V-Moda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back