Audio Technica ATH-T400 or Sennheiser HD449 - Which one to choose?
Feb 24, 2015 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ace Bee

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey buddies, I'm a bit stuck up here. ATH-400 or HD449: which would be a better buy? I own an ATH-SJ33, whose sound I used to like more than that of Sony MDR-ZX300. Much open sound, although a little less but controlled bass. But then I bought AKG K67 Tiesto (it cost me $76, which I guess was pretty low
wink.gif
considering it's original price, and simply couldn't resist myself
beyersmile.png
), and simply fell in love with it. Way more bass than SJ33, and a more natural sound. Compared to it, SJ33 seemed kinda hollow, while K67 provided a much more rich sound. I have never experienced any good quality Sennheiser cans, but read about the 'veil' it has, so I'm a bit apprehensive. Although HD449 is pretty highly appreciated, but so is T400.
T400 is available on Amazon for $40, whereas HD449 is $54. T400 has a 53mm large driver, but Sennheiser provides no such info about HD449 other than "Advanced acoustic system with powerful Neodymium magnets and lightweight diaphragm".
So, can you guys help me thorough it? I listen to all kinds of music, from instrumental to heavy bass drops, EDM, from rock to folk songs.

Thanks in advance. Any help will be highly appreciated
atsmile.gif

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 4
Size of a headphone driver is not a good indicator of the amount of bass it produces or anything else. It doesn't really work like speakers. That's just typical marketing BS.

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 4
I see, then should I go for HD449?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back