Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700
Apr 18, 2009 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Bicen

New Head-Fier
I own a pair of the A900s and the AD700s so I was playing around on audiocubes looking at what other models Audio-Technica had out and I came across these. Ive never heard anyone talk about them, usually I stay away from the DJ headphones but I just wanted to see what you guys thought of these. I found them on Amazon for 95 dollars + shipping, is that a good deal? Are these nice headphones? Or just another gimmick?

Amazon.com: Audio Technica ATH-PRO700 SV Professional Monitor Headphones: Electronics

Apr 18, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 9
The headband is notorious for cracking within the first month of use FWIR. I'd say stay away from them.

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 9
i have had those. i have an a900 also. never had the headband crack or heard of it until now. (i have heard of the senn hd280 cracking a lot)

the pro700 is better than most (maybe all) dj headphones but its not an audiophile headphone. can handle thunderous bass while maintaining mid highs. very nice spacial and soundstage in games. not very comfy but ok for a few hours

and that is a good price!

Apr 25, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 9
hey I have the re badged allen and heath version and they are certainly alright for around $100... i would not pay the retail they want for those. However I have the ultrasone proline 650 and I like them better both being closed back, as those have a bigger sound stage. The Allen and Heath have marginally better base.

Dt880 beats them both but they are mostly open (lots of leakage) but stage is better.

May 15, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by donz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey I have the re badged allen and heath version and they are certainly alright for around $100... i would not pay the retail they want for those. However I have the ultrasone proline 650 and I like them better both being closed back, as those have a bigger sound stage. The Allen and Heath have marginally better base.

Dt880 beats them both but they are mostly open (lots of leakage) but stage is better.

the outlook of the allen and heath version may not be my cup of tea! I found the limited white or retro edition look sweet! Really want to get them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back