Audio Technica ATH-PRO700 comparedto Senn HD600??
Feb 15, 2007 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

alitomr

500+ Head-Fier
Some guy didnt compare them, he said the audio tecnica was better! or not better, but more natural sounding.

is this true? Because with the senns at $268 and the AT at $125, if it is only SIMILAR to the HD600 quality, it is a bargain!

What I find weird is that those AT are not mentioned often here, so I thought the guy is probably in love with AT or probably doesnt have a clue of what he is saying. But the last is unlilkely because he was reviewing the senns...

Could you compare these two cans?

Jan 24, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 2
I don't think it's similar... I owned Pro700s for about 6 months until inside of sider mechanism (very plastic) started cracking. I used cement glue to patch it up and sold it to my friend for 40$...
He's been loving it but I found it to be too bass heavy while not sounding as smooth as HD600.
I also found it to be very uncomfortable because I have big-ish head of 7 5/8... my friend has 71/8 and he seems to be fine.
One advantage of Pro700 is that they don't need an amp. HD600 may be 260 ish but with proper amping.... you're probably looking at closer to 700.
I actually recommand A900s over PRO700s, bit more balanced (although still bass-heavy) and fits better with most genres of music. They're about 180 now I think and almost a great bargain if you're looking for closed cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back