Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 vs. Philips X2/27 Fidelio vs. Audio-Technica ATH-R70x. Please help!
May 7, 2015 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ZettabyteGamer

New Head-Fier
Hey all, I'm new to this whole elitist audio type of thing so please bear with me! I just bought a xDuoo TA-01 DAC/Amp and a Genalex Gold Lion 12AU7 Tube, so hopefully those two things don't suck ass. I will be mainly playing video games, on PC of course, listening to music and just general media consumption. I really wanted to get closed back headphones, but so many good ones were open, so I decided I'll just deal with the sound of my PC when I'm not doing anything, and possibly get an open back. I am open to suggestions, you all probably know better than me! I look forward to your recommendations, and thanks in advance! If you do recommenced a headphone I didn't list please try and keep the price around those, I really didn't want to spend more than $250, but with the release of the R70x I might go up to $350, so try and keep the prices under $350!

May 7, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 2
I really like my Fidelio L2 and also enjoyed the X2 in a few store-tests. I think you will be very happy with any of those. Very good SQ and buildQ for the price and a very fun and enjoyable sound signature.
From ATH I only have their most well known model the M50 ... very good sound too but V-shaped and the treble are a bit too lively for my ears ... fatiguing after 30 mins or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back