Audio-Technica ATH-M50x vs CreativeLabs Aurvana Gold
Mar 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

idnakor

New Head-Fier
Hey there everybody, thanks for this wonderful website and those awesome forums.

So, as many other here, I'm planning on buying my first over-the-ear audiophile headphone.

After some research and under my budget conditions I found myself hesitating between 2 main option:

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x vs Creative Aurvana Gold.

As to the M50x, they seem to have better built and seem to deliver more neutral natural sound.

As to the Aurvana Gold, they have a bluetooth feature and active noise cancelling technology.

I never owned headphones from those trademarks. I do own creative speakers from more then 10 years ago, they still work perfectly (after DJing with them in many house parties) and they have amazing sound in considering to the price that they cost, so I tend to give CreativeLabs extra credit. But on the other hand, Audio-Technica headphones seems to be much more popular.

My top priority is sound quality. What do you say? Which would you buy? (other models under 200$, or euro in Europe, may also be considered).

Thanks a lot in advance.

May 16, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 3
I am no expert but here are my thoughts.
I have had both headphones M50 (not the M50x) Arvada Gold and can't say I liked either one much. To my ears the sound very congested and muddy especially in the mid range. I actually liked the UE 6000 better which can be had for around $50 used. If you can go with an open set of cans I think Grados might be worth a try.

A couple of questions:
Do you need bluetooth?
Closed back or Open?
What is your music source?
What types of music do you listen to most often?

Take care and good luck
Enzo

May 16, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 3
If you like that the
m50s have a neutral sound and if sound quality is your number one priorty, i would get a pair of sennheisers hd 598. Awsome headphones if you dont mind open back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back