AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-M50X or Philips Fidelio X2
Nov 21, 2017 at 8:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Buho

New Head-Fier
Good day here in Sweden the price for both fidelio and ath-m50x are the same about 111 euro, but i wonder wish one should i chose sadly i can buy these headphones only online so i can not taste them in a store, but let me start with what i listen and want the headphone for, i listen only to acoustic music and similar style, let me tell litle more, i listen to shakuhachi and native american flute music, and jazz music, like old cuban bands and louis armstrong style, and classical music like piano sonatas and Vivaldi style music also i listen acoustic guitar music like for example gipsy king style, and of course Bob Marley also,

i will listen most the music via phone or portable cd player or computer, and sometimes it would be great to listen and see via computer a great (bluray if possible) movie, so i wonder what are your recommendations or any information is great!

ps. for allmost similar price(100 euro) i can get
: Audio Technica ATH-A500X

or for litle more expensive(now it begins to be to much expensive for me) i can get:

Beyerdynamic DT 770 : 140 euro
akg k702: 150 euro
AKG K701: 160 euro

thank you very mcuh your help and information is really greatful, and sorry my bad english

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #2 of 8
Well the M50x and X2 are used for much different things. The M50x is closed back and the X2 is open back. If you are going to use the headphone in public or even slightly noisy areas, you won't want the X2.

That being said, open backs like the X2 generally work better with classical, acoustic, jazz, and other similar genres because they sound more natural. Honestly I would vote for one of those AKG headphones instead of the X2. Lots of people say the X2 has a lot of bass which may not sound natural with those genres

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #3 of 8
thank you for the information,

ps. these akg would need a headphoneamp for sounding good? i have only my computer and a phone and a cheap normal amplifier.

Nov 22, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 8
ps.2 i guess if i dont going to buy som amp for headphones i belive the x2 is my best match but i wonder if i should instead go for low ohm Beyerdynamics?

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 8
ps.2 i guess if i dont going to buy som amp for headphones i belive the x2 is my best match but i wonder if i should instead go for low ohm Beyerdynamics?
In my opinion your best option of those you list is one of the AKGs + amp for your genres of music. A Schiit Magni 3 would go nicely with either AKG and is modestly priced through Schiit Europe. That could work for you. Another option not requiring an amp would be an HD598--it would also work quite well for your genres. Be aware that these are all open headphones and will leak sound both in and out of the headphone, but will have the benefits listed above.

Nov 25, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #6 of 8
i had buy the Philips Fidelio X2 and is a super headphone love it :kissing_closed_eyes:, it doesnt have much bass att all, like some had said, it had a soft sound like a cosy sound :beyersmile: that i like so much and is great for my music style;

i love to hear acoustic guitars and piano music, and of course is great with all music of my taste because the treble is not harsh, and movies are like in cinema, speciall like the eccho sorrund sound that you hear in the background :smile_phones:

Nov 25, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #7 of 8
i had buy the Philips Fidelio X2 and is a super headphone love it :kissing_closed_eyes:, it doesnt have much bass att all, like some had said, it had a soft sound like a cosy sound :beyersmile: that i like so much and is great for my music style;

i love to hear acoustic guitars and piano music, and of course is great with all music of my taste because the treble is not harsh, and movies are like in cinema, speciall like the eccho sorrund sound that you hear in the background :smile_phones:
It is said that Grado's headphones are the best when it comes to stringed instruments, and based on your taste I think it's worth just checking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back