Audio-Technica ATH-M50S
Mar 23, 2012 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Serprah

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I'm new to this website and it looks great. I have been using Logitech G35's for many years until the cushions broke and they started to just get worn. I'm looking into the Audio Technica ATH-M50S. They are the same as the M50, but the S is for the straight cord. (I think). Are they good for heavy music listening, movies, and some gaming? I have seen only but good reviews. Also, can they cancel out some noise (passive)? Are they over and ear? And where can I get these at online or at a store with the BEST price. Thanks, take care.

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #4 of 5
You're amping them no matter what you play them through.  If anything maybe something like a dac/amp combination that you can line-out from whatever source you're playing them from, just in case the source itself is rather crappy.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #5 of 5
While i love the M50s, many people around here would steer you away from them because of their somewhat small soundstage. I love them, and would highly recommend them for casual music listening, but there not going to do gaming justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back