Audio Technica ATH-M50s Studio vs. ATH-ANC7b QuietPoint
Oct 20, 2009 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fri$co

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm a newbie to this subject, but I love listening to my music w/ the best possible headphones
atsmile.gif
I can afford. Currently, I have the Bose Qc2 headphones and they suck. I even purchased the In-ear Dr Dre earphones and they're okay. After reading all the negative feed backs and reviews about the Bose and Beats by Dr Dre, it seems as if all fingers pointed toward the Audio-Technica brand. I've noticed that I, a noob at this, WAS falling for those mainstream, brand/artist named headphones
confused_face(1).gif
I finally came up w/ my two picks and was wondering about opinions from you all. I know one has noise canceling and the other does not, I kind of like the noise canceling feature, being a med-student, helps me cancel out some noise while I'm studying. I also travel frequently from L.A. to Fri$co and the noise canceling helps too and the M50s just have tremendous reviews by many users in these forums.

Now back to my main question, according to sound quality and sound leakage, which one would serve my usage better? I mainly use it for my laptop, iphone, ipod. Even though I'm a med student, I still play around w/ my Akai MPC 2000xL time to time, (WAS planing to be a music major when I was in high school and Dj-ed a little back in high school as well) I saw the M50s on ebay for about $92 (shipping+tax included) and $150 for the ANC7b at some nerd website. My preferred price range is $230 max and if you guys have any other suggestions, feel free. Thanks a lot!

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 2
Ive had the M50's and they have great sound quality, and great isolation and leak protection, but they busted a little while ago, and Im looking at the ATH-ANC7b's now, so if someone can tell me how they compare, that would be amazing. Im using my ipod buds right now and yeah.. x.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back