Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs. V-MODA Crossfade LP2
Apr 14, 2012 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Varspar

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any of you owned either of these, (M50's or LP2's) and if you could give me some ideas on which one is better, or which one in your opinion has better sound quality. I have been researching this for a while and narrowed it down to these 2 headphones.

Here are the links for both:

M50:
http://tinyurl.com/7ff5vls

LP2:
http://tinyurl.com/6uy9vsh

Thanks for your input.

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks. I forgot to add that I'd be listening to all kinds of different music, so balance between all ranges is important to me.

RPGWizard, in what way do the M50's have better sound quality in contrast? Also, is the base in the LP2 overwhelming to the point that it affects the other ranges and/or the music?

Sorry if I'm nagging, but if anyone could give me a more in depth description of the sound quality and ranges for both, that would be great

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 5
LP2s have a bassresponse that affects the midrange slightly, the midrange is uneven as there's an obvious peak in it which makes especially female vocals shouty and colored, the highs are very recessed.

The M50 doesn't have particularly impressive soundstage but the frequency response is better balanced leading to a more accurate sound overall, then it depends which version of M50 you get, I got the less bassy variant with more forward mids which I found had very good midrange especially, the highs were on the border of being slightly metallic and sharp sounding though and the bass quantity lacked a bit power for my taste but it never affected the midrange at all though.

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #5 of 5
In that case, are there any other headphones that you would recommend over these two? My budget is under $200, but I could possibly go a little over.

If anyone else sees this thread, give me your opinion if you have the chance.

Anyone?....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back