audio technica ath m50 vs sennheiser hd 598 vs denon ah d1100
Jan 31, 2013 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

hbugra97

New Head-Fier
okay i am going to buy a headphone in this two weeks.my budget is 200euro i cant give more.i mainly listen rock metal blues but i also listen every other songs that i like.i play guitar and im going to use that headphone for playing guitar and also gaming(not much but still).i use my headphones in home travelling public transportation and sometimes studio with my friends.so which one of these would be better for me.thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 14
I had a pair of AH-D1100s for a little while.  They played a sour, yellow note (anyone?).  Then they broke, all on thier own, because of a well-documented issue with the cheap plastic-y material used on the arms holding the earcups.  Would not recommend!

If you have 200 euro you could probably do better than any of the three you have listed.  I'd recommend taking a look at some of the sponsored threads/articles like the holiday gift guide or the portable headphone shootout

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 14
I completely agree with the previous two posts. As an M50 owner I can say that it is certainly a competent headphone for the ~$100 that i paid for it, but if you are willing to go to 200 euros there are certainly much better options. such as the HD598. M50 is also terrible for gaming due to it's cramped soundstage. I have not heard the Denon so I can not comment on it, but I can tell you that being an open can, the HD598 might not be the best suited for use in public. if you like a good bit of bass you might look into the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 80 Ohm.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
okay i am going to buy a headphone in this two weeks.my budget is 200euro i cant give more.i mainly listen rock metal blues but i also listen every other songs that i like.i play guitar and im going to use that headphone for playing guitar and also gaming(not much but still).i use my headphones in home travelling public transportation and sometimes studio with my friends.so which one of these would be better for me.thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

An open headphone like the HD-598 will be awful on the bus/train. Sound leaks in and out like crazy, so I wouldn't bother with it for that circumstance.

The M50s are not good for the price. Sorry folks, but that's just how it is with new budget headphones coming around and demolishing them on a weekly basis.

The Denon AH-D1100 is supposed to be a lot like the Creative Aurvana Live, which is said to be solid, but nothing excellent.

However, there are many closed headphones that can perform very well for your budget. 

So, you want a good headphone for gaming, public transit (kind of portable, at least), and at home?

Hmm.

I'd recommend the Shure SRH-840 based on what you're saying. It sounds much better than the M50s, but is still somewhat portable and isolates fairly well. V-Moda stuff might be worth looking into as well, depending on your aesthetic and sonic preferences.

Feb 1, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 14
An open headphone like the HD-598 will be awful on the bus/train. Sound leaks in and out like crazy, so I wouldn't bother with it for that circumstance.

The M50s are not good for the price. Sorry folks, but that's just how it is with new budget headphones coming around and demolishing them on a weekly basis.

The Denon AH-D1100 is supposed to be a lot like the Creative Aurvana Live, which is said to be solid, but nothing excellent.

However, there are many closed headphones that can perform very well for your budget. 

So, you want a good headphone for gaming, public transit (kind of portable, at least), and at home?

Hmm.

I'd recommend the Shure SRH-840 based on what you're saying. It sounds much better than the M50s, but is still somewhat portable and isolates fairly well. V-Moda stuff might be worth looking into as well, depending on your aesthetic and sonic preferences.

I have no confident on Shure's headphones build quality...but the sound are excellent not to mention the creamy mids.

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:
I had a pair of AH-D1100s for a little while.  They played a sour, yellow note (anyone?).  Then they broke, all on thier own, because of a well-documented issue with the cheap plastic-y material used on the arms holding the earcups.  Would not recommend!

If you have 200 euro you could probably do better than any of the three you have listed.  I'd recommend taking a look at some of the sponsored threads/articles like the holiday gift guide or the portable headphone shootout

thanks for respond i will do it

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Hmm.

thanks for respond and suggestions il check it out and does it leak that much sound i use it %30 at home %20 at bus %20 at gaming %30 playing guitar 

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #12 of 14
thanks to everyone what if i push my budget to 250 270 euro would it change anything 

Hmmm...if you don't mind, the massive AKG K550 are good with a warm sounding amp. Throughout my audition, I pair it with iBasso D7 which to me, sound warm(this amp/dac is very flexible for it's price!) & with iBasso DX100 it sound rather boring it even pulls down the bass to almost nothing unless you play with EQ but it's not nice to control with the DAP or else, the mids sound rather thin. Do note that, I am not saying DX100 isn't good but it is the fact that it don't play well with $300-$500 headphones. it is meant for the "real deal" like the HD800(It drive it pretty good man!) I hope I didn't go off topic but that is just an example of mine on the affect of amping with K550. The D7 aren't portable. You can give the D-Zero a shot when you are gaming with PC, you can use it as a DAC/amp when outdoor, you can use it as an amp. Although I never get to try it, but I hope try it next week & give you a full impression next howevr from what I heard, it's a excellent amp. My top choice for closed nuetral headphone is still K550 after trying a few headphone! XD hope this help!

Billson :)

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
Hmmm...if you don't mind, the massive AKG K550 are good with a warm sounding amp. Throughout my audition, I pair it with iBasso D7 which to me, sound warm(this amp/dac is very flexible for it's price!) & with iBasso DX100 it sound rather boring it even pulls down the bass to almost nothing unless you play with EQ but it's not nice to control with the DAP or else, the mids sound rather thin. Do note that, I am not saying DX100 isn't good but it is the fact that it don't play well with $300-$500 headphones. it is meant for the "real deal" like the HD800(It drive it pretty good man!) I hope I didn't go off topic but that is just an example of mine on the affect of amping with K550. The D7 aren't portable. You can give the D-Zero a shot when you are gaming with PC, you can use it as a DAC/amp when outdoor, you can use it as an amp. Although I never get to try it, but I hope try it next week & give you a full impression next howevr from what I heard, it's a excellent amp. My top choice for closed nuetral headphone is still K550 after trying a few headphone! XD hope this help!

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

thank you so much i tried them they are so comfortable and good sounding but do they block sound both sides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back