Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Bose AE2 vs Shure SRH840
Dec 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #16 of 18
Feb 19, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
Why settle for crap. The only good headphones in that list is the shure srh840. M50 is hugely overrated.

Edit: it has come to the attention this post will garner attention. I own the m50s and they aren't very good to me. They are harsh and very fatiguing and they sound muffled.

I wouldn't call M50 "crap", but I do agree with your sentiments that they are "harsh and very fatiguing and they sound muffled". So in that regard I too feel they are indeed overrated to some extent. Having said that I still think they're pretty good (not great) headphones, especially considering the price.

However, in the similar price range I personally prefer the sound of SRH840s, which IMHO are superior to M50 in nearly every aspect. (I was initially deciding between M50 & SRH840, and after long sessions of auditioning both sets I ended up buying the SRH840s.
wink.gif
)

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #18 of 18
I have the same problem, except I like a very wide range of music from stuff like hot chip to bloc party to black sabbath to pendulum to muse and radiohead. Which one should i go for? 
However even though i do like electro i do prefer rock sometimes metal , so if all else fails what is the best one out of these for rock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back