Audio Technica ATH-M50 Sound Leak?
May 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #16 of 23
Yeah same here, at about 50 you can clearly make out the lyrics. I read elsewhere that these were pretty decent in leakage so I'm also wondering if I got a defective pair. I got mine from Cosmo 

May 11, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #17 of 23
Just tested my M50 with my housemate, it does leak some sound in a quiet room. But 50 feet for someone to make out the lyrics, I think it will blow your eardrums. I have no problem using this headphone in the library as well with 40% volume with my ipod.

May 13, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #18 of 23
Just tested my M50 with my housemate, it does leak some sound in a quiet room. But 50 feet for someone to make out the lyrics, I think it will blow your eardrums. I have no problem using this headphone in the library as well with 40% volume with my ipod.

Lol I didn't mean 50 feet, I meant at that volume. I guess I'll try it at school as well and see if anyone complains :p

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

May 13, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #19 of 23
I got absolutely no leakage while wearing it. Putting it around my neck is a different story though, especially with K-ON! blasting in the background...

May 13, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #21 of 23
They do leak a bit even on normal listening volumes but their ability to block outside noise is remarkable..
If a tank passes next to me when i am walking down the street i won't notice a thing.
Even if it fires,i still won't hear anything :)

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #22 of 23
I just got my M50s and I have the same sort of leak u are describing. So yes I would say it would be normal not sure if there is some way to fix it. I think its just something u have to put up with.

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #23 of 23
Mine also leak more than I was expecting them too. Even with non-bass heavy music it annoys my wife who is next to me when I'm at what I consider the slightly high end of normal listening volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back