Audio Technica ATH-M50 (Red)
Apr 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RedMoon

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Am new to this scene. 

I am planning to get a headphone for daily use while traveling in train to work. 

May I know if the above is suitable? Because I watched the Review video and it says 'Monitor' headphones. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 9
Oh, in addition to that, i really like the Limited Ed. color, so yeah, please advise if this item is suitable for daily traveling to and fro work. 
regular_smile .gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #7 of 9
I have the standard m50s. They were pretty good for commuting, but the pads tend to get a little hot after a while (I was commuting for an hour and forty minutes, so a shorter commute may not have that problem). They're pretty durable and it's nice that they fold up to be compact. The coiled cable was slightly annoying, but I didn't see it as a deal breaker. As for the sound, there are tons of reviews online that can describe it better than I can. If you're new to good headphones, they're an excellent introduction. I don't think you can really go wrong with buying them.

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #8 of 9
Ditto on the M50 pads tend to get hot after awhile, but then you get use to wearing them.

I have a M50S which I use off/on .  At the time it was cheaper to get (a few years back) then the coiled version.   Very good headphone to start with, lots of people recommend them.  Really good for general usage with a computer or laptop.   I saw them in Black or White, Red version sounds interesting.

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #9 of 9
The M50s are decent for their price range. I love my Shure SRH440. Some advantages IMO over the M50 they have are:

more neutral sound sig (quite a bit less hilly FR)
larger ear cups that actually fit around my ears, plenty of comfort for me
solid enough build considering the price
tons of isolation, very little leakage

I recently directly compared the M50 to the SRH440 at a local SamAsh so their sound is fresh in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back