Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Or Sony MDR XD1000
Feb 14, 2012 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

OmidelF

100+ Head-Fier

Hi Guys

I Want To Buy A great Headphone For Listening To House and hip hop Songs

I Want to Know Which One Of These Headphones Are Better For Hip Hop And House Songs :

Audio-Technica ATH-M50  Or   Sony MDR XB1000 ?

And I Dont Care About The Price I just Want to know Which One Is Better In Playing House And hip hop Songs
And Which One Is More comfort ?

And If you have a better headphone That is Good For House and hip hop songs and its below the 300$ plz Let me know !

Tnx To All :X

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 18
For heavy bass for Hip-Hop music, the Sony MDR-XB500 gives some very nice bass, and lots of it.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 18
I have both. For your application, I would recommend the Sony XB 1000. Great phones (but so is the M50). The Sony gets the nod based on those big drivers and frequency response.

Quote:

Hi Guys

I Want To Buy A great Headphone For Listening To House and hip hop Songs

I Want to Know Which One Of These Headphones Are Better For Hip Hop And House Songs :

Audio-Technica ATH-M50  Or   Sony MDR XD1000 ?

And I Dont Care About The Price I just Want to know Which One Is Better In Playing House And hip hop Songs
And Which One Is More comfort ?

And If you have a better headphone That is Better than these headphones For House and hip hop songs and its below the 300$ plz Let me know !

Tnx To All :X

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 18
Assuming you mean the XB1000 (the XD1000 is not for sale in most markets anymore), the XB1000 will be your best bet for your genres.

Feb 15, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #6 of 18
Tnx all For The Reply 

So I Guess The MDR XB-1000 Is Better !

Now I Have Another Question :

Do I Need an Amp For XB1000 ? Does it worth to buy a Amp ?
and if yes which amp do you Suggest me to buy ?

and do i need to buy a sound card for using this headphone ? or my onboard soundcard is enough ?

My System Is This :

M.B : AsrOck Extreme 3
VGA : 6870 x2 Crossfire
Ram : 6gig TeamGroup 2000Mhz
Cpu : Corei7 950 , 4Ghz
Monitor : Asus 23 Inch Full HD

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #7 of 18

Quote:

Do I Need an Amp For XB1000 ? Does it worth to buy a Amp ?
and if yes which amp do you Suggest me to buy ?

Can't go wrong with the Fiio E9. Great value at $100. The next step up is a Nuforce, Schiit,or Matrix M Stage.

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #9 of 18

Oh, you meant portable. Yes I can recommend the E11 as well.  I woiuldn't bother with something like an E5. I bought the E5 and immediately upgraded to the E11. Love it...you can't go wrong.

Quote:
How About e11 ? Does it worth to buy For xb1000 ?

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #10 of 18

Quote:
Oh, you meant portable. Yes I can recommend the E11 as well.  I woiuldn't bother with something like an E5. I bought the E5 and immediately upgraded to the E11. Love it...you can't go wrong.

So If I Buy an E11 , My Sound Quality Will become better ? 
can you tell me what will the amp affect on ? 

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #11 of 18
In my opinion, yes. It depends on what you are using for the source. I thinks most devices benefit from amplification. Let's say you have an iPod that costs $150-$200. It makes sense to me that an outboard headphone  amplifier stuffed with circuitry is going to deliver more power and SQ than what comes in the iPod...just as the ear buds provided don't sound as good as most headphones or IEMs that you might purchase. For me the E11 sounds "fuller' but your results might vary. I think the E11 is a terrific product for the money and I get a lot of use out of it.

Quote:
So If I Buy an E11 , My Sound Quality Will become better ? 
can you tell me what will the amp affect on ? 

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
In my opinion, yes. It depends on what you are using for the source. I thinks most devices benefit from amplification. Let's say you have an iPod that costs $150-$200. It makes sense to me that an outboard headphone  amplifier stuffed with circuitry is going to deliver more power and SQ than what comes in the iPod...just as the ear buds provided don't sound as good as most headphones or IEMs that you might purchase. For me the E11 sounds "fuller' but your results might vary. I think the E11 is a terrific product for the money and I get a lot of use out of it.

So You are saying it worth the price even if im using it only with my PC or my laptop ?

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #13 of 18

I dont' know about using it for a PC. I use mine for an iPod Touch and portable DVD player. I think for a PC you would want an E9/E7 combo.

Quote:

So You are saying it worth the price even if im using it only with my PC ?

Feb 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #14 of 18

Quote:
I dont' know about using it for a PC. I use mine for an iPod Touch and portable DVD player. I think for a PC you would want an E9/E7 combo.

I Need E9 And E7 ?! Both ?!
No , My Point is , do i need an amp for my Pc ? or its just mostly used for mp3 players and ipod ?
does it worth the price if im using it only with pc and laptop ?

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #15 of 18
^I would say an AMP with DAC capabilities (Connecting to your PC through USB and converting the digital output to a 3.5mm jack,) would work in most scenarios for you. Your computer may have a decent sound card, but I notice that both my desktop and laptop don't. They have hiss and don't seem to hold up even to most portable players.

I'd recommend considering amps with a DAC to pair better with your PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back