Audio Technica ATH-M50, alternatives.
Apr 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Foristality

New Head-Fier
Alright, I bought the ATH-M50 at the beginning of March. Tomorrow I will be selling them. 

The reason for that would be because they are way too uncomfortable for me. The ear pads are way too tight. My glasses don't help.

The ear pads press my glasses against my "head" and are very irritating. Also, my ears touch the speakers themselves. The headphones shallow.

I tried everything. I tried putting more cotton inside the ear pads, which worked partially, but didn't really help. I did the sock trick to absorb the sweat. 

I switched the earpads with bigger ones (didn't really fit), which distorted the audio quality completely. 

Any suggestions? Looks like closed head phones are not my type. Although I was thinking of buying the BOSE AE2.

I need something that really comfortable.

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 5
If you liked the sound of the M50's the DT770 80 Ohms will give you something similar but will fix your comfort issues. You can get those for around $150 new if you look.

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 5
^ +1!!! My DT770's are the most comfortable hp's I have ever worn for long periods of time. I also wear glasses from time to time with them with 0 issues! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back