Audio-Technica ATH-EM700Ti: First Impressions
Apr 24, 2007 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

mrdelayer

100+ Head-Fier
I recently won a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-EM700Ti in a contest put on by Elephas (thanks again, by the way!) Today they arrived safe and sound, ready for me to listen to them when I got home from school.

First things I noticed: damn sexy, damn small, damn comfortable.

These are probably the best looking clip-ons I've ever seen. Titanium finish on the outside, and about the size of a half-dollar (USD), not counting the clips. When they're on, I forget they're there except for the fact that they're pumping music into my ears.

As far as sound goes, I haven't spent too much time with them yet, but they kind of remind me of the HD280s, with a bit more (read: any at all) bass impact and a bit of sparkle to the treble. That said, they don't extend as low as the HD280s, but the same basic sound applies. Kind of mid-way between an HD280 and an MDR-V6, if you will. It's got the mids of the HD280s with bass and treble inbetween the two. Soundstage is around that of the HD280s, too.

I'd post pictures, but I don't have a digital camera. I'll take them to school tomorrow and see if I can snap a picture there.

I wonder if they could use any burn-in, seeing as they arrived pretty much in brand-new condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back