Audio Technica ATH-D900USB
Oct 15, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 8
Interesting, AT trying to get in on the consumer computer market for those looking for a headphone upgrade.  Wonder how bulky this will end up being with the DAC and amp in one ear cup, and how that affects the sound.  

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 8
Reading the article, it has a built-in amp and volume control as well and is run on USB power, and you can use it as a regular headphone with a mini plug.
Looks kind of interesting actually, the price isn't too high and could be a nice compact all-in-one setup if the components are high quality.

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 8
  It doesn't look too bulky from the picture.  I wonder if this would improve listening from my iPhone?

As your iPhone does not come with USB port, it might not work.
Hopefully Audio Technica designed the D900USB digital input to be compatible with a Lightning port.

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #6 of 8

As your iPhone does not come with USB port, it might not work.
Hopefully Audio Technica designed the D900USB digital input to be compatible with a Lightning port.

Right, but the article also states:

Most of the time, these headphones will be playing music through USB, so the built-in DAC can do the usual digital-to-analog dance as well as normalize volume. But if you wanted to use these cans as a traditional pair of analog headphones, it does accept a 3.5mm jack.

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #7 of 8
Hmm I wonder how it compares to the ATH D1000, which was a sPdif Input headphone... a shame to see a lower model number on this new version, although the USB input is great! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back