Audio Technica ATH CKX9IS help!
Dec 22, 2016 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tarunalpha

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Recently I bought a pair of ATH CKX9IS after a research of 3 months.

But I was disappointed with the performance of these phones.
My biggest complaint is that the sound channels are not balanced. Low frequencies are more prominent in left earphone. I have tried changing the source, swapping channels in PC and my phone. Also I have swapped earphone on my ears too. But same issue. Also the sound signature is not up to my liking. Mids are too much recessed.

Prior to this I already owned ATH IM50. So wanted similar phones with inbuilt mic control for my travelling.

I have searched on the internet also and found that audio Technica products known to have channel tracking problem. So now I am planning to return these and instead planning to buy from some other brand.

Now I am looking into momentum in ears or MDR EX750AP.

But momentums looks to be overpriced for their sound quality. And I am not sure of sony. Are they any good as compares to CKX9is?

Any other alternative same price range?

I really need your help guys .

Thanks in advance.

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #3 of 7
Do you have a specific sound signature you want and what is your budget? Also please be a little patient and do not bump your post before 24 hours. It is specifically stated in the posting guideline. If you need the information urgently pm me and I will try to help you as much as I can.

"
Only start ONE thread with your question.
 You may, if there are no replies to your question after 
at least 24 hours
, "bump" the thread by making a post, but not sooner. Click on your username to find threads you have posted in (at the bottom of your profile). Note that most people are likely to see a thread during weekday evenings US or European time. On weekends fewer people are around."

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 7
The closest I can think of is the Shure SE215. However that doesn't have an inline mic but you can purchase an inline mic cable from Shure themselves if you wish but that will set you back another $30. The momentum you mentioned earlier has a V-Shaped sound signature so it will sound quite different to the IM50. You can also try the Sony MH1C which has an inline mic but no removable cable. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back