Audio Technica ATH-CKM50 VS Sennheiser CX500
Nov 24, 2008 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ShootingStars

100+ Head-Fier
Which is better for me? I like neutral + TOUCH of bass with clarity...
I listen to lots of JPOP ballads. I am looking for COMFORT and isolation.
Thank you for your advice.

I can get the CKM50 for $120, maybe $100 Canadian.
I can get the CX500 for $40-$60 Canadian.

Do not try telling me to buy online or anything else please. This is a one or the other thread.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 6
Problem is neither is neutral. They both have more than a touch of bass. And that CKM50 price is way too much @$120 Canadian. Both would be comfy. CX500 has more isolation but neither is really great.

If it is one or the other go for the CX500.

Nov 24, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Problem is neither is neutral. They both have more than a touch of bass. And that CKM50 price is way too much @$120 Canadian. Both would be comfy. CX500 has more isolation but neither is really great.

If it is one or the other go for the CX500.

Of course they are REALLY great, I am just looking for IEMs that are solid, great. I hate high-end IEMs, the ones that go into canals don't do for me. I prefer headphones if I am going to spend the big bucks! Thanks for the input.

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 6
I have the CKM70's and think that they are great. I do find them neutral, with great clarity across the range, and bass that isnt too heavy, but can be heard/felt.
I wear them whilst walking the dog, jogging, or in bed. the wife has never complained that she can hear them either.
They are very comfortable (using the medium buds), and have never fallen out yet.
I bought them off ebay, for £70 delivered ($120'ish), which is what you intend to spend on the CKM50's...

audio-technica Sealing up type headphone ATH-CKM70 on eBay, also Other, Headphones, Headsets, A V Accessories Cables, Electronics (end time 30-Oct-08 07:25:32 GMT)

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 6
I personally feel in terms of SQ they are about the same, just with different sound signatures. My preference would be the ckm50 but here in SG they cost about half the price of the CX500.

Considering the prices you quoted, the ckm50 wouldn't be that good in terms of value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back