Audio-Technica ATH-ANC700BT Review /Buyer beware
Apr 11, 2018 at 5:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

uhublue

New Head-Fier
Unfortunately I don't have permission to post this in the appropriate section. Hopefully a moderator can move it.

The ATH-ANC700BT are the worst wireless noise-cancelling headphones (or any headphones) I've ever tried.
Let's start with the good:
-lightweight, comfortable and well built.
-touch controls
-good battery life

The bad:
-everything else

There is no separation or soundstage. It practically sounds mono. The volume at max is way too low. I tried with different sources, all with the same result. The noise-cancelling is barely noticeable and there's a constant static hiss when playing music.

Mar 27, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm getting ready to post my review of them and my impressions are entirely the opposite!

It really sounds like your Touch Controls didn't work, as out of the box they sound exactly as you describe but this is with the volume set at about half and the ANC off.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 4
I can't say the same based on OP's experiences. While they are not reference grade with a tilt to the bass/mid bass and smooth higher end they're not bad at all for their price. Personally, I managed to catch these as they were on a huge sale from a local grocery store as they were clearing out old stock. Picked up a pair for me and my ma. Whether watching movies or listening to music you really can't go wrong unless you managed to get yourself a lemon. ANC is great and the touch controls aren't bad along with mic and BT functions with regards to keeping a consistent connection and playback, comfortable as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back