Audio-Technica ath-anc7 user more bass suggestions?
May 25, 2009 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SennheiserMiser

Head-Fier
Hi all, I've recently picked up an 8Gb iPod Touch and a pair of Audio Technica ath-anc7s, which I love, but I was hoping to get some suggestions of phones that have similar sounding mids and highs with a bit more punch to the bass. Noise canceling is not necessary, and a slightly larger earcup and improved sound leak characteristics would be great as well. I have no current plans to add an amp to the iPod, so I was also hoping to be able to drive them right from the player, without waking the better half when I listen in bed. I've read a quite a few posts and it appears that the Denon D1001s are very popular, and was wondering if anyone who's heard the ANC7s and the Denons might be able to comment. Thanks,

Mike

May 26, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 5
<bump>

May 26, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 5
Have you tried amping the anc7's? I use them all the time when I'm flying, and even the measly FiiO E3 does wonders for the bass.

Edit: Oh sorry my bad, I didn't see that you didn't want to add an amp. In that case, you probably want to demo the d1001s first. They are larger than they look in pictures, so that might be an issue if you are using them for portable. Also, they might not be a significant upgrade to your anc7's.

May 26, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 5
How measly (size and cost) is the FiiO E3? If the investment isn't too nasty I might actually consider it. Thanks,

May 26, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm glad you asked:

DealExtreme: $6.49 FiiO E3 3.5mm Earphone Volume Booster Power Amplifier (White)

6.49 with free shipping. Also, in case you don't know yet, it's TINY. It's a little bigger than a flash drive. Don't expect it to do wonders for your sound, but I guarantee it will bring the ANC7's bass up. Even if you aren't completely satsified, you really can't go wrong with a 6.49 amp anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back