Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1 vs Sennheiser PC360
Feb 17, 2014 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

audioneeb115

New Head-Fier
I want to know which is better for gaming (FPS) and I live in Australia so you have to do Currency exchange

Audio Technica ATH-ADG1 $279.00 Australian dollar
Sennheiser PC 360: $299.00 Australian Dollar

Before you say buy AD700X and attach a mic listen to a youtuber called Baldrick sodoff he recorded a review of it with the mic
(For reasons i can't send a link)

I'm currently leaning to the Audio Technica a bit

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 11
Im suffering the same issue. I cant decid between these two headsets! Anybody used both?? im a PC FPS online mulitiplayer mainly. Leaning towards the PC360 due to much more reviews available.

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 11
  I want to know which is better for gaming (FPS) and I live in Australia so you have to do Currency exchange

Audio Technica ATH-ADG1 $279.00 Australian dollar
Sennheiser PC 360: $299.00 Australian Dollar

Before you say buy AD700X and attach a mic listen to a youtuber called Baldrick sodoff he recorded a review of it with the mic
(For reasons i can't send a link)

I'm currently leaning to the Audio Technica a bit

How about getting the AD700X or Sennheiser HD558 and use a desktop mic.

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 11
I am leaning towards the ADG1's as well...as for the AD700x + mic solution, my previous experiences with mic's are that they are normally dodgy quality (clip-on) or hard to position usefully (desktop mic) unless they are more expensive.

The noise cancelling mic on the ADG1 sounds pretty good from the youtube clips that have been recorded with it.

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 11
As a former professional counter strike player. Buy a good pair of CLOSED audiophile grade headphones and get a clip on mic. Good quality clip on mic's are available for like 20-30 bucks. You will be using the mic to communicate with your team mates and not record your first mix tape i suppose..

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 11
  As a former professional counter strike player. Buy a good pair of audiophile grade headphones and get a clip on mic. Good quality clip on mic's are available for like 20-30 bucks. You will be using the mic to communicate with your team mates and not record your first mix tape i suppose..

any reccomendations for a good quality clip on in that price range?

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #8 of 11
I ended uo getting the ADG1's and they are amazing. The mic is brilliant. I have a fsirly quiet room for gaming and prefer the open headset as my ears dont get hot after 6hrs of dayz or bf4. The wing head took a bit of getting used to but now I prefer it.

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #9 of 11
I ended uo getting the ADG1's and they are amazing. The mic is brilliant. I have a fsirly quiet room for gaming and prefer the open headset as my ears dont get hot after 6hrs of dayz or bf4. The wing head took a bit of getting used to but now I prefer it.

Amazing compared to what though?
I'm not doubting they're good but I would like to see points of reference

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #10 of 11
Im no expert but ive used most gaming headsets and these are much more refined. Im talking about sound stage, directionality and clarity. The only thing I will say is that the bass is acceptable but not amazing. Not being an expert I found it hard to discern a huge difference from the 701s. Hope this helps a bit.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #11 of 11
  As a former professional counter strike player. Buy a good pair of CLOSED audiophile grade headphones and get a clip on mic. Good quality clip on mic's are available for like 20-30 bucks. You will be using the mic to communicate with your team mates and not record your first mix tape i suppose..

Why closed? Even at a large LAN they wouldn't be useful since you would need to wear whatever your sponsors give you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back